The Tusk Recon Hybrid® rear tire combines the benefits of a soft, sticky trials tire with an off-road/motocross tire for optimal performance for single track and technical enduro use. The soft, gummy rubber compound on the rear tire hooks up and conforms to rocks and roots like a trials tire, but has a motocross inspired tread design to perform better in sand, gravel, and aggressive cornering and braking. Another Hybrid feature is in the carcass; it is much softer than a standard off-road/motocross tire, but handles better than a trials tire to offer ideal impact absorption, traction, and protection through gnarly, technical terrain. The front has a stiffer, motocross inspired, rubber compound to ensure a strong bite in corners, but has a “Fat” oversized shape to absorb rocks and roots. The Recon hybrid® tires instill confidence in even the most technical conditions.
- High-performance off-road Hybrid tire designed for technical single track and extreme enduro riding.
- Tube type tire.
- The rear features a soft, sticky rubber compound that hooks up and conforms to rocks and roots like a trials tire, but has a motocross inspired tread design to perform well in mud, sand, and aggressive cornering and braking.
- Carcass rigidity is much softer than a standard off-road/motocross tire but better handling than a trials tire to offer optimal impact absorption, traction, and protection through gnarly, technical terrain.
- Rubber compound is not only soft and sticky, but has been formulated for maximum wear.
- For maximum off-road performance, the Recon is not DOT compliant.
- If you want to run a Mousse style foam tube, here are the recomendations:
120/100x18 Recon Tire
- Michelin 110-120/100x18 - 1033980003
- Nitro 140/80-18 - 1752980005
- Nitro Soft - 140/80-18 - 1942320005